In it’s seventh year, the Pink Tie Guy program involves men in our communities who have been touched by breast cancer and have chosen to bring urgency to finding the cures! These men are an exclusive group who are committed to the local fight against this horrible disease! They are helping to promote the messages of early detection, community support, and are committed to raising funds to help support Susan G. Komen® Central Tennessee’s mission to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in break through research to prevent and cure breast cancer.

Not only are we asking that these men wear pink ties, we are asking that they, and our entire community, joins us in being More Than Pink! Susan G. Komen® has announced a Bold Goalto decrease breast cancer mortality by 50% in the United States by 2026.  Every year, 41,000 women and men die in the United States from breast cancer – that needs to end! Join us in doing more than wearing a pink ribbon!

Join the Fight – Be More Than Pink!

  1. Act – tell your stories of early detection; get screened when needed; and support the women and men who are battling breast cancer.
  2. Donate – not all donations require a checkbook – donate your time, encouragement, talents, etc.
  3. Get Involved – speak out about breast cancer and early detection; speak out about Susan G. Komen® Central Tennessee and the good things we are doing in our communities. Register for the More Than Pink Walks, attend our Survivor Celebrations and support other fundraisers throughout the year.

Susan G. Komen® and the “pink movement” has came a long way in the past 35 years and now, we are setting a bold new course! These Pink Tie Guys are helping to lead the way! They are fighting for the women, and men, in their lives, in the communities, and for generations to come. We invite each of you to join them in their journey!

Meet the 2019 Class

John Goodman – Saint Thomas Health

Bryan Webb – Cumulus Media

Dr. Brian Lehman – Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center

Dr. Ben Park – Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center

Donald Cowan – The Realty Association

Bill Wilson – Parks Realty Murfreesboro

Tommy Crockett – Two Rivers Ford

Rev. Darrell Drumwright – The Temple Church

Rick Pence – Nashville General Hospital

Cameron Wells – BB&T

Reginald Poindexter – Park Ridge Hospital

Dave Tocchini – UNUM

John Money – Global Payment Systems, Inc.

Justin Joyner – U.S. Xpress

Eddie Woods, Jr. – Volkswagen

Dr. Alvaro Valle – University Surgical Associates

Jeff Czerneski – Kroger

Greg Dent – North GA Healthcare Partnership

Mark Kleiner – Office Furniture Warehouse

Brent Fleshman – Zimmer Broadcasting

Brad Mullinax – Saint Thomas DeKalb Hospital

Dale Humphrey – Saint Thomas River Park

Richard Tumlin – Saint Thomas Highlands Park

Brian Gill – Saint Thomas Stones River

 

Join us in supporting our 2019 Pink Tie Guy class on Thursday, March 28th from 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. (CST) at our annual Pink Tie Party! This event will include food and drinks, a silent auction, and a meet and greet with the class of 2019. Purchase your tickets today at the link below!

 

To learn more about the Pink Tie Guy program, please click here.

Up to 75% of the money raised by the Pink Tie Guys will support local programs dedicated to the breast health and breast cancer needs in our 41 county service area while the other 25% goes towards life saving research in all areas of breast cancer – basic biology, prevention, treatment, and survivorship.