How to Apply for Community Grants
Thank you for your interest in the Komen Central Tennessee Community Grants Program! Each year, our affiliate funds community based programs in our 41-county service area of Greater Nashville, Upper Cumberland, Chattanooga, and North Georgia Regions. These grants address barriers and needs related to breast health and breast cancer. The grants program aims to increase breast health awareness and early detection while reducing barriers by providing screenings, treatment, and support.
Applications for 2020-21 will be available September 2019. To apply, one representative from your organization must attend a mandatory Grant Writing Workshop. Check back soon to see workshop dates.
To be eligible to apply for a Komen Community Grant, you must meet the following requirements:
- Program must be specific to breast health and/or breast cancer
- Programs must address the funding priorities listed in the current RFA
- All past and current Komen-funded projects must be in compliance with Komen requirements
- Current grantees are eligible but funding is not guaranteed year to year
- Applicant has documentation of current tax exempt status under the Internal Revenue Service code.
- Applicant must be a non-profit organization located in or providing services to one or more of the following counties:
- Chattanooga Region– Marion, Grundy, Sequatchie, Bledsoe, Rhea, Hamilton, Meigs, Bradley, McMinn, Polk, Dade (GA), Walker (GA), Catoosa (GA), Whitfield (GA), Murray (GA), and Fannin (GA).
- Greater Nashville Region– Cheatham, Davidson, Dickson, Maury, Montgomery, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, Trousdale, Williamson, and Wilson.
- Upper Cumberland Region– Cannon, Clay, Cumberland, DeKalb, Fentress, Jackson, Macon, Overton, Pickett, Putnam, Smith, Van Buren, Warren, and White.
- If applicant, or any of its key employees, directors, officers or agents is convicted of fraud or a crime involving any other financial or administrative impropriety in the 12 months prior to the submission deadline for the application, then applicant is not eligible to apply for a grant until 12 months after the conviction
For questions regarding Community Grants or the current RFA, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 615-383-0017.