Our Community Impact

Since 2000, Komen Central Tennessee has awarded over 397 local, community grants totaling over $10.1 million in our local 41-county service area of Greater Nashville, Upper Cumberland, Chattanooga and North Georgia. These local partnerships allow un-insured and under-insured women, and men, in our community to receive a screening or diagnostic testing they might not otherwise have been able to afford.

Through our 2019-20 grant cycle, we were able to provide the following:

  • 7 MRI’s
  • 12 Biopsies
  • 88 Ultrasounds
  • 92 Financial and Transportation Services
  • 100 Health Navigation
  • 156 Survivorship Support Services
  • 185 Diagnostic Imaging Services
  • 344 Mammogram Referrals
  • 895 Clinical Breast Exams
  • 2,064 Screening Mammograms
  • 9,895 Women and Men will receive Education

Click here to see our Current Grantees for 2019-20. Learn how to apply for our Community Grants here.

Up to 75% of net proceeds remain in the 41-county affiliate service area to support breast cancer treatments, screening, education, and support services. The remaining 25% goes toward lifesaving research in all areas of breast cancer, from basic biology to prevention to treatment and to survivorship.