How to Apply for Community Grants
Thank you for your interest in the Komen Central Tennessee Affiliate Grants Program. Each year, Komen Central Tennessee funds community-based programs in the Greater Nashville, Chattanooga and Upper Cumberland areas that address barriers and needs related to breast cancer and breast health. Through our grants program, we aim to change behaviors and increase access to early detection, quality treatment and support.
To be eligible to apply for a Komen Community Based Grant, your organization must be:·
- Program must be specific to breast health and/or breast cancer. If a program includes other health issues along with breast cancer, such as a breast and cervical cancer program, funding may only be requested for the breast cancer portion.
- All past and current Komen-funded grants or awards to Applicant are up-to-date and in compliance with Komen requirements.
- Applicant has documentation of current tax exempt status under the Internal Revenue Service code.
- Applicant must be a non-profit organization located in or providing services to one or more of the following counties:
- Chattanooga Region- Marion, Grundy, Sequatchie, Bledsoe, Rhea, Hamilton, Meigs, Bradley, McMinn, Polk, Dade (GA), Walker (GA), Catoosa (GA), Whitfield (GA), Murray (GA), and Fannin (GA).
- Greater Nashville Region- Cheatham, Davidson, Dickson, Maury, Montgomery, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, Trousdale, Williamson, and Wilson.
- Upper Cumberland Region- Cannon, Clay, Cumberland, DeKalb, Fentress, Jackson, Macon, Overton, Pickett, Putnam, Smith, Van Buren, Warren, and White.
- If applicant, or any of its key employees, directors, officers or agents is convicted of fraud or a crime involving any other financial or administrative impropriety in the 12 months prior to the submission deadline for the application, then applicant is not eligible to apply for a grant until 12 months after the conviction. After such 12 month period, applicant must demonstrate in its application that appropriate remedial measures have been taken to ensure that any criminal misconduct does not recur.
To apply for a Community-Based Grant, at least one representative from each organization must attend a mandatory Komen Grants Training session:
Chattanooga Region – November 8th from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m
Greater Nashville Region – November 6th from 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. or November 15th from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Upper Cumberland Region – November 7th from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or at 615-383-0017 (Option #2)
Applications from organizations that do not attend at least one of the above trainings will not be accepted. Community-Based applications are due to the Komen Central Tennessee Affiliate via the Grants eManagement System (GeMS).
All grants questions can be directed to Daveisha Moore at email@example.com.