About Susan G. Komen®

Our Vision

A world without breast cancer

Our Mission

Save lives by meeting the most critical   needs in our communities and investing in   breakthrough research to prevent and cure   breast cancer.

Our Goal

Reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50% in the United States by 2026.


In 1980, Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would do everything n her power to end breast cancer forever. In 1982, that promise became the Susan G. Komen® organization and the beginning of a global movement. What was started with $200 and a shoebox full of potential donor names has now grown into the world’s largest nonprofit source of funding for the fight against breast cancer. To date, we’ve invested more than $2.9 billion in groundbreaking research, community health outreach, advocacy and programs in more than 60 countries. Our efforts helped reduce deaths from breast cancer by 38% between 1989 and 2014 and we won’t stop until our promise is fulfilled!


About our Affiliate – Susan G. Komen Central Tennessee

In 2017, the leaders of three former affiliates; Komen Greater Nashville, Komen Upper Cumberland, and Komen Chattanooga began the conversation to merge in order to strengthen operations and have a greater impact in the fight against breast cancer in Tennessee and the Northwest Georgia regions. Under one name, Komen Central Tennessee, we have began to do just this!

Now serving 41 counties in Tennessee and Northwest Georgia, Komen Central Tennessee:

  • Is the local source for breast cancer detection and support projects.
  • Funds vital screening mammograms, diagnostic testing and treatment support through annual Community Grants Program.
  • Maintains offices in the Greater Nashville Region, Upper Cumberland Region, and Chattanooga Region.
  • Regional offices will continue to support outreach and community focused events, local Race for the Cure events and fundraisers.

Komen Central Tennessee supports breast cancer treatments, screening, education, support services and research. Up to 75% of net proceeds remain in the affiliate service area while the remaining 25% goes toward ground breaking research.

To meet our staff, click here.

Our Regional Offices

Our Greater Nashville Regional Office is located at 4009 Hillsboro Pike Suite 209 Nashville, TN 37215

Office hours are Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (CST)

Our Upper Cumberland Regional Office is located at 370 Reagan Street, Cookeville, TN 38501

Office hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Times vary (CST).

Our Chattanooga Regional Office is located at 515 Airport Road, Suite 114, Chattanooga, TN 37421

Office hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (EST)

Contact Us

Email Information

Email Information

General: info@komencentraltennessee.org 

Contact Information

Contact Information

Phone: 615-383-0017 


Komen’s National Breast Care Helpline

To speak to someone about breast health, breast cancer concerns and help find local resources, please call 1-877 GO KOMEN (1-877-465-6636).

Click here to report improper conduct.