Support For You
Breast cancer can be scary and confusing, both for those diagnosed and for their family and friends. It’s important to have a strong support network to help with the physical and emotional demands of this disease. Remember, you are not alone. There are many support services available to assist you on this journey, including:
- If you’re in need of local resources or have questions on our current grantees, please do not hesitate to contact Komen Central Tennessee at 615-383-0017 and speak to our Mission/Education Director, Daveisha Moore. You can also find a list of our Current Community Grantees here.
- Our affiliate offers a program called the Komen Community Ambassadors. These women and men represent the Faces of Breast Cancer in our Affiliate’s Service Area. Every breast cancer is individual to the person who has been diagnosed. These women and men, have chose to share their story in the hopes that they can inspire and empower others who are fighting this disease. Read more about the program here.
- Call 1-877 GO KOMEN, a free breast care helpline, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to receive professional support services for anyone with breast health and breast cancer concerns, including breast cancer patients and their families. These calls are answered Monday – Friday between 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (EST).
- If you are interested in participating in or learning more about Breast Cancer Clinical Trails visit BreastCancerTrials.org or ClinicalTrials.gov
- The Co-Survivor section of Komen’s national website, where friends and family members can share tips and advice, and read personal stories from others who have been in similar situations
- You can find additional information about financial assistance resources on the Susan G. Komen website